Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween 2009




I have always loved Halloween. It's not just the dressing up and getting your neighbors to shell out free candy it's everything about the "spirited" holiday. The crispness of the weather, costume making, mingling with neighbors and the unmistakable feeling of something special in the air make Halloween magical. This year did not disappoint and was extra special for our new family. It was our daughter Tess' first real dress up Halloween and she went as a baby owl. I was ecstatic to finally have an excuse to try out my never used Singer despite the fact that I had no idea what I was doing. I popped open a bottle of wine and got to cutting, pinning and sewing hoping for the best. The entire project took about 4 hours to complete and with the left over materials I even had enough wool felt to sew up this sweet treat bag.

Materials:
Wool felt - grey, white, black ,gold
Faux fur
Grey hem tape
Fabric glue

Time:
4 hours start to finish

1 comment:

  1. Now isn't that just too adorable! I'm a grandmother of three babies, 3 yrs old and under. Found your blog and will enjoy reading it!

    Liz (aka Ninny to the babies)
    http://ninnysnotesblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete